As we say farewell to February, I think a "favorites" post would be very much appropriate. I am so stoked for March to arrive because my first day at SFIEC is next week! I'm excited to get back on that school/grind because this has seriously been the longest Winter break I've ever been in [TWO MONTHS!] and although laying around, watching Netflix all day has been relaxing, I think I'm ready to get back to reality. Before going into my face favorites, let me mention the release of the MAC Viva Glam lipstick by Miley Cyrus that raged this month. I just needed this lipstick in my collection because it's a such a gorgeous, fun bright pink that can make a statement on any skin color. I've also been loving my nude lipsticks this month as well [I love them every month to be honest], shout out to my NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in the shade Abu Dabi has been my absolute every day lip that I go to; A matte brown nude with a soft pink undertone. NYX just released their Intense Butter Glosses and you guys need to check them out because they are everything!
Towards the ending of this month, I also fell in love with another style of lashes by House of Lashes. They are called Heartbreaker. What I love about these lashes is that they are natural, they blend easily with my natural lashes, and they are so light compared to my Iconic lashes from the Premium Luxe collection. Heartbreaker is dense which I really love in a lash, but the ends flare out so softly and in a way that they look like you're lashes with more length.
My Fresh Cream Lotion from Philosophy was on the low this month so I decided to pick up the Lemon+Sage Body Butter by Bliss. I've heard a lot hype about this butter butter and I see why! I am in love with the citrus smell, thick texture, and how it gives my skin so much moisture. A definite repurchase because for 14 oz the price is worth it and I think Bliss is just an amazing brand to do a lot of experimenting with as far as skin care.
After doing research and purchasing the Josie Maran's Winter Dreams Skincare collection, the Argan Infinity Intensive Creamy Oil really stuck out to me because of how versatile of a product it is. It claims to balance, moisturize, de swells, highlights, prime and prep, and more. Well, I've been using this as a primer and it does an amazing job. I found my foundation gliding on so easily over this primer, it locks in my foundation all day, and it minimizes my pores around my nose area. Definitely a favorite and repurchase!
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I have finally found my holy grail foundation that I know I'll be reaching for... forever. I found the Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum Cover foundation back at the ending of 2014 when I was still back home in Hawaii. It took me 3 shade changes to find the perfect shade and when I did, it was literally my skin in a tube [NO JOKE]. I am in the shade Spiced Sand and this foundation is a creme texture, easy to blend, full and concealing coverage and easily covers my PWS [Port Wine Stain]. I honestly have so much to say about this foundation I can seriously go all day so I think I might do a full review on this foundation by itself. The brush I use to buff out this foundation is my Sedona Lace FB07 flat kabuki brush. I believe any flat or round top kabuki brush is perfect for getting a fuller coverage with your foundation because you're pressing the product onto your face rather than rubbing it on sheers it out.
Tarte Cosmetics has been on their game this month launching new products so I decided to pick up their Amazonian Pressed Clay Tinted Finishing Powder in the medium shade. This powder locks in my foundation all day as well as their Amazonian translucent powders for setting concealer. Favorite blush of the month goes to MAC Gingerly. I picked this up in Hawaii as well and it is such pretty effortless rosy pink, beige shade with a coral undertone that brings so much life and dimension onto my face.
On those days where I don't like to wear make up and I'm leaving the house, a pair of shades is what I reach for. Rest in peace to my old Dolce and Gabbana shades that Sophie [Family chow dog] chewed up but say hello my new pair also by D&G. I am in love with this pair because I'm more driven to those cat eye, big frame, glamour shades that make me feel more stylish when I go bare faced.



No comments:
Post a Comment