We all know how ladies get when it comes to chocolate. But when it comes to chocolate AND make up, things can get a little bit crazy. Too Faced has recently launched their new "Semi-Sweet" Chocolate Bar [Their second chocolate bar eyeshadow palette] and this past Christmas I was fortunate enough to receive this from Colton [Thanks bae!] First impression, the box packaging is too adorable. It's Too Faced, their packaging are always too cute so pass on! The palette is a metal container just like the first chocolate palette but because it's "Semi Sweet" its packaged as a milk chocolate brown rather than a dark chocolate brown like the first one is [That was clever]. And of course, just like the first one the aroma of this palette is... Hmmm... Let's just say...
Delicious because of the hydrating antioxidant-rich cocoa powder the shadows are made with. Can we talk about the names??? Talk about candy for your eyes! Now, before purchasing an eyeshadow palette I always like to swatch the pigments because we all know how expensive these palettes can get and we want to make sure we get our money's worth [Right? RIGHT!] When I first swatched a couple of these pigments I'll be honest, they were a bit disappointing because of how dull and lifeless they were [ I'm talking about the nude browns and pinks]. But maybe I thought that's why it's a "Semi Sweet" [Way to be clever again, Too Faced]. But what wasn't disappointing were the darker browns and golds! They are gorgeous for the crease and even for the lids. Perfect for those New Year's parties coming up. Below I swatched my absolute favorite eye shadows with a flash camera. This palette always comes with two highlights. One is matte and the other is shimmer. The matte [Coconut Creme] I had a hard time liking because it took me multiple swatches to get a rich pigment and the shimmer [Butter Pecan... Again the names!] is three times pigmented than Coconut Creme and it's actually pretty gorgeous.
Price: $49
Pros: THE NAMES! | Shimmers > | Good for literally NUDE looks... Trust me
Cons: 75% of palette is not pigmented rich | Not worth the price | Packaging could be sturdier
Repurchase: Most Likely Not
Rum Raisin | Caramel | Bon Bon | Peanut Butter | Hot Fudge | Cocoa Chili
No comments:
Post a Comment